St. James United Methodist Church
A Place to Belong

Home Page

St. James United Methodist Church was originally part of a Methodist circuit dating back to the early 1800”s.  Its first church building was completed in 1826.  For 51 years, both Methodist Episcopal and United Brethren congregations worshiped there.  In 1877, the United Brethren sold their half-interest in the property.  The current sanctuary built in 1923 replaced the original building.  Its recent renovation has retained its beauty and added up-to-date improvements.  The education wing and social hall built in 1950 provides space for several Sunday School classes, meetings, dinners and a variety of community functions.

As a United Methodist congregation it is linked to all other United Methodist congregations world-wide, sharing their Wesleyan heritage and its emphasis upon the Christian life—faith and love put into practice.

 
 
 
 
Website Builder